Software Development Engineers in Test
Our development teams build cutting edge web applications as well as distributed services and sophisticated data sets aimed at delighting our customers and making the shopping experience easy and addictive. In addition, we are constructing several unique high traffic consumer sites with dynamic content and specialized task flows.
The QA group is responsible for testing the software produced by this group as well as the overall health of our software in production. Our teams of Software Developers in Test are engaged at automating our testing process and building tools that allow us to efficiently test and monitor the health of our software. Our Software Development Engineers in Test (SDE-Ts) leverage open source technologies as well as tools developed in-house to improve coverage and lower defect rates.
Our group is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join its Quality Assurance team. The person will also help launch exciting mobile applications in the fast growing retail segment. The person is expected have a strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. They should be fully capable of understanding complex systems and developing functional and performance test plans and cases for the same. They are also expected to be significant contributors in the design and development of high quality test automation. SDETs are expected to continuously raise the bar for QA practices, establishing and documenting procedures which are applicable company-wide. They need to be abreast of the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ years relevant work experience
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PERL
· Experience building and designing test cases
· Experience with testing methodologies
· A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science and a several years’ experience in testing or development is desired
· Programming experience with C++, Java and/or Perl is required for this position
· Experience testing complex Mobile Apps that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience developing high quality test plans and test cases
· Experience with functional, performance and stress testing for both web applications and back end services
· Experience developing automation tools and frameworks is a big plus
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience developing in a Linux environment
· Experience with web services and databases, preferably Oracle
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners
Interested? Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly - Chris Crosby - 503-675-6700 - email@example.com
Ask about Relocation or Per Diem.
No corp to corp please
Client cannot provide for visa sponsorship